Onyx makes amazing hubs right here in the US that use a “Sprag” clutch engagement system rater than the traditional pawl-engagement system found on most other hubs. What does this mean for you? Instant and seamless power transfer with silent operation! Worry free riding with a 5-year limited warranty and unparalleled support from Mobile Bicycle Workshop staff! Their hubs come in a varitey of vibrant colors ready to compliment our line of NOX Hoops. When paired with our preferred DT Swiss spokes, makes for an unmatched riding experience.
Below are some technical specs lifted from Onyx’s website!
Onyx manufactures a complete line of front and rear bike racing hubs with the following standard features:
- Ceramic hybrid bearings
- 7075 Aluminum alloy hub shell
- Adjustable preload for bearings
- Titanium bolts
- 5-year limited warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
All Onyx rear hubs also feature:
- Patented sprag clutch mechanism
- Instant clutch engagement during power stroke and instant disengagement when coasting
- Silent operation before, during and after clutch engagement
- Heat treat hardened stainless steel driver
- Labyrinth seal interface between driver and hub shell
- Adjustable side load
- Grease service temperature range of -58°F (-50°C) to 248°F (120°C)
- Compatibility with Shimano Hyperglide® compatible cogs